Our client is currently one of the leading mens and ladieswear manufacturers of formal and casual apparel. They have an exciting opportunity for a 12 month fixed term contract for a Fabric Technologist to join their Technology team. This role is based in their Head Office in the East Midlands office.
Fabric Technologist 12 month contract - The Role:
- Supporting the Design and Sales Teams in the development of new fabrics in line with customer requirements.
- Initiating blanket orders and ensure these are completed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Providing technical support on handlooms to ensure they are produced to the correct standard.
- Ensuring bulk fabric submissions are checked against standards and tested in accordance with customer requirements.
- Submitting bulk hangers and test reports to customers as required.
- Maintaining internal systems i.e critical path, status reports and development logs.
- Liaising with suppliers to resolve any technical issues.
- Liaising with customers on a regular basis to discuss issues, identify opportunities and promote our business.
Fabric Technologist 12 month contact- The Candidate:
- Previous supplier chain fabric technology experience.
- Experience of working with Off Shore suppliers (woven fabric mills)
- In-depth knowledge of fabric constructions and weaving techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of fabric dyeing and finishing techniques.
- An awareness of global fabric sources is desireable, although not essential.
- Textile technology degree or equivalent qualification.
- Grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent)
- IT literate with the ability to use Outlook and the Microsoft Office Package efficiently.
- Confident, determined, driven, self motivated and a pro- active attitude.
- Efficient and effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good level of commercial awareness.
- Excellent communication skills; able to liaise effectively and build relationships with customers, colleagues and the host store.
- Good listener, able to take instruction and highly tuned interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to travel within the UK and overseas as and when required.
Fabric Technologist 12 month contract: The package
Competitive dependant on experience.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.