Our client is a global supplier of technical textiles to the aerospace, medical, military and composite sectors. They are currently seeking a Fabric Inspector to join their thriving business.
Fabric Inspector - The Role:
- To inspect finished or unfinished fabric’s using a power-driven examining frame checking for defects, (Such as stains, oil marks contamination, poor selvedge and irregularities in colour i.e. un-level dyeing etc).
- To work as part of the Quality Assurance team to ensure in line with the SOP, products conform to the required quality standards to achieve fabric specifications.
- To undertake quality control checks (e.g. width checks and recording of metres) for batches being examined.
- To prepare information on batch processing required for invoicing by the office, including preparation of piece tickets, recording of finished meter lengths on batch records and dyebills.
- To report any none-conformance in respect of quality problems when processing batches through inspection to the quality supervisor.
- To communicate any machinery breakdowns or issues to the quality supervisor as soon they arise.
- To help with loading or unloading of fabric deliveries to and from BDF.
- To work as part of the Quality team to undertake regular routine cleaning and maintenance tasks for the inspection machine and surrounding area in line with SOP and risk assessments.
- If required to drive the company vehicles including company van and forklift truck (pending forklift training and driving license requirements).
- General tasks as required by the quality Manager / supervisor.
Fabric Inspector - The Candidate:
- A good standard of education, competency in numeracy and literacy and a reasonable standard of IT skills.
- The ability to lift 20kg rolls of fabric.
- Previous experience on fabric exam or similar textile finishing operations would be advantageous but full training will be given to a suitable candidate.
- A strong communicator with the skills to work as part of team or on their own.
- Attention to detail is essential with a strong commitment to quality and good work ethic.
Fabric Inspector - The Package:
- 41:5 hours per week and the working hours would be 7:30 am till 4:30 pm Monday to Friday and Friday 7:30 - 3:30 pm.
- There may also be overtime when the business requires it.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.