Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They now have an exciting new opportunity for a Fabric Development and Sourcing Manager to join their fabulous Bangladesh Office, based in Dhaka.
Fabric Development and Sourcing Manager - The Role:
The role is responsible for sourcing and offering new and on trend fabric qualities and fabrication across woven and jersey. Sourced from mills across the world and in Bangladesh for womens, mens and childrenswear garments.
You will also be responsible for the development of new fabrics from trend presentations. The role split is approximately 65% fabric sourcing and 35% fabric development.
- Attend Trade shows, conduct mill and shop visits to research the new product trends and technology
- Identify and establish key fabric trends for the upcoming season covering woven and jersey fabric for ladies, men’s and kidswear garments
- Work closely with the UK team to strategically source relevant fabrics for the region
- Actively source and manage the fabric supply base and expand the respective network in BD and overseas countries
- Manage and prepare key trend presentations to the UK buying and design teams
- Work with product managers and merchandise teams to review & manage fabric cost targets
- Drive strategic seasonal cross costing projects on core programs globally
- Actively manage sourcing critical path
- Plan and execute the establishment of new global sourcing routes
- Monitor and meet the critical path deadlines
- Responsible to develop fabrics with Bangladesh and overseas mills based on business requirements aswell as proactively developing commercial and on trend fabrics
- Work closely with fabric technical team to comply with business requirements
Fabric Development and Sourcing Manager - The Candidate:
- Educated to degree level
- Possess a comprehensive fabric knowledge including all woven and jersey, light weight and heavy weight fabrics
- Understand fabric capabilities by country
- Sound market awareness about sourcing price, minimum order quantity, lead time etc.
- Strong awareness of UK testing requirements and standards
- Good fashion sense and commerciality
- Good team player, excellent communicator who is well organization
- Happy to travel internationally
Fabric Development and Sourcing Manager - The Package:
- Competitive salary + benefits including accommodation, transport and regular trips to the UK.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.