Our client is a leading outdoor clothing and equipment retailer with outlets throughout Australasia and is now the 8th biggest outdoor brand in the world. They now have a rare opportunity for a talented Equipment Designer to join their team in Christchurch.
Equipment Designer - The Role:
- Work within the team to research, design and develop all equipment designs from concept through to the pre-production sample.
- Take the lead on innovation and market potential for NPD ensuring products meet market requirements
- Assist the Senior Designer to support and direct the design team in both project work and long-term strategy.
- Critically review current ranges within the equipment category to ensure they meet current market requirement
- Work with key stakeholders to research, design and develop new equipment range requirements
- Ensure designs are consistent to the brand vision including:
- Cohesive individual designs
- Range plans
- Long term design projects
- Colourways & palettes
- Key seasonal theme boards
- Focus on innovation, a point of difference and the identification of market potential for new products
- Work closely with merchandisers to ensure development is in accordance with agreed timelines, stock holding, target costs and budgets
Equipment Designer - The Candidate:
- Experience with sound industrial design processes including research, concept creation and presentation, model building and prototyping, design revision and iteration.
- Competent hand skills and experience in the creation of physical models and prototypes.
- Sound level of skill with both freehand drawing and computer aided design software, including illustrator and other relevant packages.
- Thorough understanding of market trends and design innovations.
- Able to create accurate technical specifications and effectively communicate design intent through illustration.
- Excellent organisational, motivational and planning skills.
- Experience managing multiple design projects simultaneously and diligently adhering to set deadlines.
- Knowledge of pattern making, sewn construction techniques and processes.
- Experience in the actual use of outdoor equipment or strong knowledge of the outdoor industry.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivated team orientated style.
- Effective communication skills and the ability collaborate cohesively across multiple departments internally and externally.
- Industrial design degree or equivalent product design qualification.
Equipment Designer - The Package:
- Competitive remuneration package DOE
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.