Our client is an established high street retailer who is well regarded for delivery great value women’s fashion, menswear and children’s clothing. They are currently looking for a Assistant Merchandiser to join their team covering maternity leave.
Entry Level Assistant Merchandiser - The role
- To competently plan and organise workload to ensure administrative tasks are completed accurately and on time
- Takes responsibility to proactively communicate to the team any identified issues so that so that resolutions can be prompt, to achieve the required deadlines or critical dates.
- Takes ownership to ensure all documentation and systems are maintained and kept accurately up to date with the required information.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of all internal systems and processes and possess effective skills within Microsoft Excel and Office.
- Work with the Merchandiser to develop understanding of various order requirements, including delivery methods and sizing analysis, ensuring accuracy of data input onto the systems
- Takes ownership for stock intake into the business by proactively liaising with suppliers and providing timely communication of any changes to merchandiser and team.
- Proactively participates in the critical path meeting with the team by utilising knowledge of order status to identify any issues and opportunities.
- Undertake analysis of weekly sales reports to interpret and present back department performance and to identify Best and Worst selling products
- Continually review, and update product line cards to ensure Merchandiser is kept informed of current sales and stock levels, proposing appropriate action to support for future trading performance.
- Produce and interpret daily sales information accurately and communicate this back commercially to the team.
Entry Level Assistant Merchandiser - The Candidate:
- Numerical skills must be excellent
- Highly motivated can do attitude
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient microsoft office skills especially Excel.
Entry Level Assistant Merchandiser - The package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.