Our client is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of garments and socks. Established only 36 years ago they have undergone phenomenal growth and they now own vertically integrated world class factories across the USA, central America and Asia. They are now seeking a Director of Product Development for Apparel.
Director, Product Development - The Role:
- This position is responsible for leading all aspects of apparel product innovation of all products manufactured or sourced.
- You will lead the product managers, design team, sewing engineering, creating the connection between merchandising marketing and manufacturing to ensure speed to market and product profit margins.
- Managing product innovation, R&D and engineering to deliver commercially viable products on time and at the performance level requested by the customers.
- Establish KPI’s to measure product performance according customers’ requirements and speed to market
- Develop R&D for automation of equipment and processes for design development, cutting sewing and packaging to increase efficiency, assuring quality while controlling the waste of fabric, trims or raw materials.
- Direct the development and implementation of new styles in production and manage technical engineering methods and standardization.
- Confer with Marketing and Management executives to discuss design ideas. Benchmark, perform competitors’ analysis to define product position, construction differences for continuous improvement of existing style and propose more competitive, innovative new styles.
- Manage sewing engineering department for all regions, time studies, develop, evaluate options and implement technical solutions for optimization of existing and new processes.
- Ensure robust development design process to ensure QA results.
Director, Product Development - The Candidate:
- You will have at least 10 years of experience in a similar hands on product developer role in a manufacturing environment.
- The ability to suggest ways to engineer product to deliver reduced product and manufacturing costs.
- A strategic thinker used to dealing with multiple regions.
- The ability to design and implement plans for launching new products by location and according to culture.
- Experience of implementing quality assurance procedures.
- Entrepreneurial and action oriented.
- Strong presentation skills.
Director, Product Development - The Package:
- Excellent remuneration and relocation package.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.