Our client is a leading Licensed Garment supplier to the high street. They are currently looking for a Compliance Officer to work with high street retailers and major supermarkets. This is an exciting opportunity for a driven and motivated individual, with previous experience in a Fashion/Apparel environment, to develop themselves in the role.
Compliance officer - The Role:
- Support the business with the ethical compliance programme for the group, undertaking investigations into potential ethical compliance issues.
- Manage customer, licensor specific requirements from the compliance point of view and attend regular meetings.
- Great understanding of ethical audit programs: SMETA, BSCI, etc.
- Understanding and ability to research sustainability programs, new initiatives: GOTS, BCI, Higg Index, etc.
- Work throughout the organisation to ensure the company is at the forefront of ethical trade both for the business and its suppliers
- Monitor the supply base through pro-active management of our audit programme & drive improvement through ongoing work with suppliers and with the support of the in-country teams.
- Minimum 2-years experience in compliance field (factory auditing experience would be a great advantage).
- Maintain strong customer relationship
- Attend customer, licensor meetings.
- Occasionally conduct factory visits/ audits.
Compliance officer - The Candidate:
- Highly organised
- Ability to work under pressure & cope with tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Proactive approach
- Previous experience in auditing would be an advantage
- Familiar on Microsoft Office packages and Outlook.
- Ensuring a smooth handover between departments.
Compliance officer - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.