Our client is a leading supplier of character apparel to the UK high street. They are currently looking for a Designer to design and produce sample garments through innovative design and liaison with the sales team in order to understand customer requirements and produce commercial appropriate designs and samples.
Designer - The Role:
- Work closely with the Sales team to interpret the customer’s design requirements, translate these into design concepts then develop and sell the design concepts.
- Design garments and cut samples, taking into consideration both manufacturing and aesthetic design requirements.
- Accurately complete the Design Packs.
- Attend weekly workload Design Meetings with the Design team Leader
- Assess and evaluate trends and identify areas of potential growth such as product or customer base.
- Attend customer & licensor meetings, take design briefs and present ranges.
- Understand customer strategy by regular store visits and by seeking customer feedback
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement in the design area and implement these in agreement with your manager.
Designer - The Candidate:
- 2 years’ experience designing childrenswear clothing products.
- Experience of computerized design packages, i.e. Illustrator CS2/ Photoshop.
- Previous experience of dealing with customers.
- Experience of garment technology/ QC experience of garments & fabric is desirable but not essential.
- A HND/degree in design or equivalent job related experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning/Organising skills
- Can work on own initiative
Designer - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.