Our client is an established high street retailer who is well regarded for delivering great value ladies, mens and childrens clothing. They are currently looking for a Childrenswear Buyer to join their business. he role will be to source, develop, buy and deliver a specific range of childrenswear at the right cost, right time and the right place to achieve the Company’s gross profit.
Childrenswear Buyer - The Role:
- Plan and agree the sales/margin and stock budget with the Merchandisers and General Managers.
- Source, select and negotiate with suppliers to obtain optimum product, prices and terms of contract.
- Undertake selection of all new products.
- Gather, analyse and interpret product, market and customer information in order to forecast future demand patterns for supply chain requirements.
- In conjunction with Merchandising, monitor and control the range to ensure budgeted stock turn, margin and profit targets are achieved.
- Manage the range plan to maximize customer service levels.
- Liaise with the Marketing Manager to ensure all promotions are executed correctly.
- Work with the Trading and Marketing Managers to resolve commercial problems.
- When required, conduct range presentations to the Board, General Mangers, Retail and Overseas Investors.
- To have a full awareness of all legal and safety standards.
- Supervise the workload and appraisal of a Buyer’s Assistant.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
Childrenswear Buyer - The Candidate:
- Strong experience as a buyer across childrenswear on the high street
- Critical path management and margin optimisation
- Knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing methods
- Negotiation/influencing skills
- Experience in budget & project management
- Effective people management, team building and strong communication skills
- Confident presentations skills with excellent attention to detail
Childrenswear Buyer - The Package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.