Our client is a global fashion and events brand who have an exciting new role supporting Buying and Creative. Working closely with factories and wholesale vendors, maintaining positive relationships whilst managing ad hoc tasks and individual deadlines. You will have passion for young fashion with a can-do attitude to work alongside a small fun team, with the ability to work independently when required. You will be customer focused, a logical thinker and a confident communicator with excellent admin skills with a fashion related degree. The role is based in the Leeds area.
Buyers Assistant: The Role
- Sample & Critical Path Management
- Pro- actively preparing sample for wholesale reviews ensuring samples / cads are available and set up as required
- Sample co-ordination and management for press, shoots, collab ranges liaising with marketing
- Assist in the management of store concessions with regards to stock management and flexibility to travel to stores across the UK when required
- Builds effective relationships both internally and externally with wholesale accounts
- Carrying out online comparative shopping to develop and maintain knowledge of the current competitive market place
- Raise and process orders in a timely manner
- Upload and merchandise maintenance of the website and marketplaces in regard to stock levels, retail prices, new-ins
- Ensuring wholesale handovers runs smoothly with samples, correct colour cads, supplier info
- Undertakes responsibility for preparing best and worst information on a Monday trade meeting
- Support the buyer on a daily basis in the product development process from design brief to launch, liaising with design, QC and wholesale accounts to meet critical path dates
- Data/ system management with Microsoft Office skills knowledge
- Range of ad hoc administrative tasks
Buyers Assistant: The Role
- Adept at working under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Good Excel and numerical skills
- Takes responsibility and makes decisions independently
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels throughout the business
- Manages time effectively by setting and achieving priorities and timescales.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and use own initiative to resolve issues in a timely manner and feed back to buyer
Previous relevant experience at placement level essential or 1-2 years’ experience in fashion buying and merchandising
Buyers Assistant: The Package
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.