Our client is an established Brand of childrenswear clothes. They are now looking for a skilled Buyer to join their exciting team. This is a senior level role and they are looking for someone with extensive experience in a similar role. You will be responsible for building a sustainable, innovative, profitable and commercial product range to meet the requirements of the business, our trade partners, new markets and direct consumers.
Buyer - The Role:
- Review current collection, identify gaps and suggest new product areas to add to the collection.
- Be ultimately aware of the competition, present regular reports to the business and take learnings from your research to assist in your own range build.
- Create Line plan for board sign off with Head of design taking into account Supply base, Quality, Sales and Ecommerce strategy.
- Responsible for ensuring best price is achieved to optimise profit, design, innovation, on time delivery and quality
- Create initial season demand forecast and production plan in line with factory capabilities.
- Ensure that production is evenly distributed across the supply base to maintain and improve quality and delivery performance in line with Supply Base Strategy.
- Analyse sales to identify margin contributions and guide future development.
- Share forecasts with suppliers to accommodate growth plans, negotiate best prices, reduce MOQ’s and lead times.
- Regular onsite visits to suppliers in India, Portugal, China and Turkey to negotiate prices, assist them in managing their supply chain and ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage Production and Shipment deadlines to maintain on time, in full, compliant deliveries, maximise opportunities and optimise working capital.
- Assemble buys for fabric and stock to ensure all customers requirements by product / size are fulfilled.
Buyer - The Candidate:
- Highly experienced in Buying, minimum of 5 years’ in a similar role.
- Creative and innovative thinker and ‘out of the box’ problem solver.
- Exceptional at negotiating with suppliers for prices, deliveries and terms.
- Experience of travelling to factories outside of the UK and willingness to meet with suppliers to face to face.
- Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Able to manage, motivate and lead a small team.
- Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to in a busy environment to tight deadlines.
- Computer literacy.
Buyer - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.