Our client is an established Brand of childrenswear clothes. They are now looking for a Business Development Manager (Europe North and East) to join their Sales team. This is a home-based role (you must be based in the Midlands) with extensive travel to Northern and Eastern Europe so close proximity to a major airport with direct flights to Northern and Eastern Europe is a must. Must have experience of selling into independents and childrenswear knowledge.
Business Development Manager - UK (The Midlands)/Europe - The Role:
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities with key retailers within your territory
- Develop, maintain and grow long term relationships with high potential customers and existing accounts
- Respond to, and follow up, sales enquiries
- Attend trade shows, run “pop-up” show rooms and visit customers in their retail environment.
- Maintain accurate customer prospect and sales activity within the central sales database.
- Develop business plans for each account, with SMART objectives and budgets set against each customer.
- Prepare and analyse your sales data to ensure that sales efforts are targeted to maximum effect.
- Feedback customer comments to the design department contributing to further improvement of the product and offering.
- Contribute ideas for the marketing team such as POS, incentives and improvements to our marketing literature to help support our retail community develop and promote their businesses further.
- Ensure that the pre- season sales target for your territory is reached by great planning before the high sales intensity periods of the year.
- Identify key accounts with growth potential within your territory and work with marketing to organise events, bespoke POS and VM/product training.
- Monitor “in season” reserves of stock and drive top-up orders from appropriate retailers
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators to increase sales with existing clients and recruit new business.
Business Development Manager - UK (The Midlands)/Europe - The Candidate:
- “Needs based” selling experience in a retail/field sales environment – preferably in the fashion sector.
- Deep commercial understanding of what makes businesses thrive and you will possess a high degree of credibility in the customer’s eyes.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Computer literacy.
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
- You’ll be located near to a major airport with direct links to Northern and Eastern Europe
- Relevant languages would be highly desirable.
Business Development Manager - Europe - The Package:
- Competitive salary
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.