Our client is an established Brand of childrenswear clothes. They are now looking for a Business Development Manager with a strong background in retail/field sales. You will be highly commercial with a proven track record of achieving sales targets. This is a home-based role with extensive travel on a weekly basis with an expectation that you are “on the road” visiting two customers at least four days each week within your territory. Relevant fashion experience selling into retailers in the South East is highly desirable. A Clean Driving License is a must!
Business Development Manager - The Role:
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities with key retailers within your territory and turn this into increased business.
- Develop, maintain and grow long term relationships with high potential customers and existing accounts with a focus on both financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Respond to, and follow up, sales enquiries using appropriate methods in a timely manner.
- Attend trade shows, run “pop-up” show rooms, customer events and visit customers in their retail environment.
- Maintain accurate customer prospect and sales activity within the central sales database.
- Develop business plans for each account, with SMART objectives and budgets set against each customer.
- Prepare and analyse your sales data to ensure that sales efforts are targeted to maximum effect.
- Contribute ideas for the marketing team such as POS, incentives and improvements to our marketing literature to help support our retail community develop and promote their businesses further.
- Ensure that the pre- season sales target for your territory is reached by great planning before the high sales intensity periods of the year.
- Identify key accounts with growth potential within your territory and work with marketing to organise events, bespoke POS and VM/product training.
- Monitor “in season” reserves of stock and drive top-up orders from appropriate retailers
Business Development Manager - The Candidate:
- “Needs based” selling experience in a retail/field sales environment and in the fashion sector.
- Detailed planning and objective setting experience as well as analytical skills to assess performance.
- Deep commercial understanding of what makes businesses thrive and you will possess a high degree of credibility in the customer’s eyes.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- You will love people and people will love you!
- Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Computer literacy.
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
Business Development Manager - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.