Our client is an established Brand of childrenswear clothes. They are now looking for a Business Development Manager with a strong background in retail/field sales. You will be highly commercial with a proven track record of achieving sales targets. This is a home-based role with extensive travel on a weekly basis. Relevant fashion experience selling into retailers is highly desirable. A Clean Driving License is a must!
This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
Business Development Manager - The Role:
- Prospect and develop new business opportunities with key retailers within your territory and turn this into increased business.
- Develop, maintain and grow long term relationships with high potential customers and existing accounts with a focus on both financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Respond to, and follow up, sales enquiries using appropriate methods in a timely manner.
- Attend trade shows, run “pop-up” show rooms, customer events and visit customers in their retail environment.
- Maintain accurate customer prospect and sales activity within the central sales database.
- Develop business plans for each account, with SMART objectives and budgets set against each customer.
- Prepare and analyse your sales data to ensure that sales efforts are targeted to maximum effect.
- Contribute ideas for the marketing team such as POS, incentives and improvements to our marketing literature to help support our retail community develop and promote their businesses further.
- Ensure that the pre- season sales target for your territory is reached by great planning before the high sales intensity periods of the year.
- Identify key accounts with growth potential within your territory and work with marketing to organise events, bespoke POS and VM/product training.
- Monitor “in season” reserves of stock and drive top-up orders from appropriate retailers
Business Development Manager - The Candidate:
- “Needs based” selling experience in a retail/field sales environment and in the fashion sector.
- Detailed planning and objective setting experience as well as analytical skills to assess performance.
- Deep commercial understanding of what makes businesses thrive and you will possess a high degree of credibility in the customer’s eyes.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- You will love people and people will love you!
- Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Computer literacy.
- Full Clean Driving Licence (company car included)
Business Development Manager - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.