Our client is a leading supplier of character apparel to the UK high street. They are currently looking for a Business Development Manager to identify and undertake direct marketing and sales activities, so as to develop and maintain new sales.
Business Development Manager - The Role:
- Effectively identify and secure new accounts
- Achieve required sales objectives in terms of value, volume, delivery and profit
- Plan and prioritise sales activities towards achieving agreed sales target
- Negotiate price, quantity and delivery requirements with customers
- Identify new licenses and maintain existing accounts through customer contact, selling new designs and licenses and reviewing orders
- Arrange and attend Licensor and client meetings throughout the UK as required
- Deliver exceptional levels of customer service by developing client relationships and responding to and following up on sales queries
- Work with the UK Sales Director to discuss and initiate new ideas to improve areas such as sales, service or marketing.
- Have a detailed knowledge of company products, design and licenses
- Keep abreast of competitor activity and monitor and evaluate market trends.
- Contribute to product, design and license development as required
Business Development Manager - The Candidate:
- A Degree/Technical Qualification or can demonstrate equivalent experience
- 4 years’ experience in a Senior Sales or Account Manager role within the Clothing Industry
- Has had full responsibility for an account
- Has a proven track record in the development & implementation of a sales strategy.
- Has managed and delivered in excess of £5m sales per annum.
- Has targeted and opened accounts to generate significant levels of new business.
- Has IT skills, particularly MS word & excel
- Excellent planning/Organising skills
- Clean current driving licence
- Willing to undertake travel throughout the UK/abroad.
Business Development Manager - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.