Our client is a global provider of supply chain solutions, specifically to the fashion industry. Global fashion brands, well-known high street retailers and many of the World’s leading manufacturers all use their products to improve visibility, flexibility, coordination and control, delivering improved efficiency and reduced costs. They are seeking a highly ‘driven’ sales individual for this new business role, with a proven track record of consistent success, who enjoys working in the IT/fashion industry, meeting new people and travel.
PLM Business Development Manager - The role:
- Reporting to the Global Lead PLM Consultant, your main responsibility (both directly and with the support of your sales and pre-sales team), will be to accelerate the growth of the PLM solution through targeted sales of solutions to new business prospects and existing clients within the EMEA region.
- Based on your success in creating additional market momentum, recruit, train, develop, retain and lead a successful EMEA sales team, ensuring the consistent achievement of revenue and profit targets.
- Assist with the preparation of marketing materials (brochures, e-news, thought leadership etc.), as appropriate
- Support lead generation activities, including prospect identification via research, cold calling and email follow up and general marketing activities
- Represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and shows
- Maintain details of all sales activities and prospect status in the CRM system.
- Conduct initial sales presentations to serve as introduction to prospect needs
- Conduct discovery sessions with prospect to understand current process and identify problems/issues with existing processes (Pain Chain/business process analysis)
- Review findings of discovery sessions and agree structure/scope of custom demo, building custom demos and presenting them to prospects as required
- Write functional specifications for client specific requests (business requirements only)
- Create client proposals
- Ensure all issues discovered during the pre-sales cycle are effectively documented in pre-sales notes. To ensure that any potential issues can be communicated to the ops team.
- Completion of a cost sheet, PR1 and the creation of the client invoice
- Brief operations team with proposed client solution during Internal Kick Off meeting, ensure that the summary pre-sales notes are fully understood, for a ‘fast-start’ to the project.
- Maintain a ’watching brief’ during the project and become involved to resolve any commercial issues as alerted by the project manager
- On completion of the project perform a Post Implementation Review (PIR)
- ‘‘Own’ existing clients, ensuring appropriate regularity of visits, using continuous improvement activity and demonstration of new modules / functionality to ensure that the client is maximising the benefits gained from the solution, renewing maintenance contracts and maximising the opportunity for additional sales with the client or associated divisions / companies.
PLM Business Development Manager - The candidate
- A strong background knowledge of the fashion industry, including current market dynamics, also the positioning and value of PLM (and/or similar) solutions in this environment.
- A proven and consistent record of success in a high value, new business, solution selling environment (ideally technical/software and with experience of International businesses).
- A capable and independent operator, with a high level of personal ‘drive’ and ‘ownership’, but also the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Systematic and process driven with an analytical approach to problem solving / overcoming barriers
- Confident in dealing with individuals at all levels within an organisation.
- Excellent communication and people skills including face to face, over the telephone and in writing.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.