Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They have an exciting opportunity for an expat Assistant Product Manager to join their team based in Turkey
Womenswear Assistant Product Manager - The role:
- Develop a product strategy that delivers cohesive, exciting and high quality seasonal product ranges in line with critical path deadlines
- Achieve sales targets for your given area
- Conduct research to identify gaps in the company’s offer, address critical success factors, and key issues in determining which products to bring to market
- Work with the UK Buying and Design teams to understand the needs of the Customer
- Stay updated with UK fashion trends and product directions. This will involve regular travel to the UK (and inspirational travel elsewhere) and constant communications with UK Buying and Design teams
- Work with category teams to ensure that initial samples and buying samples development critical path deadlines are adhered to
- Manage the product offer from the Country / Region. This will require developing a good understanding of local mills and garment makers in terms of their product range, prices and lead times
- Constantly look at moving fabrics on and ensure a great range of textured to basic fabric is put on the table at the beginning of every season
- Ensure Customer visits to the Country / Region are well prepared and that visitors are always impressed. Plan to visit the customer in UK minimum 3 times a year to offer new products from the country / region
- Develop strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and suppliers, particularly working closely with the buyers and with Partners and customers
- Attend and conduct product overviews at Business Review Meetings as and when required
Womenswear Assistant Product Manager - The candidate:
- Strong design or product development background in jersey across womenswear for UK market
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills to develop strategies to offer the brand a competitive edge
- Excellent communication skills to work with the Merchandising and Technical teams to ensure an excellent Product Offer
- Strong calibre to push the sales business and work on price
- Resourceful, energetic, analytical and competent
- Loads of energy, real self-starter and great problem solver.
Womenswear Assistant Product Manager - The Package:
- Competitive salary + benefits including accommodation, transport and trips to the UK.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.