Our client is a brand and supplier of young fashion and childrenswear. They have the exciting opportunity to join their company as an Assistant/Junior Buyer.
Assistant /Junior Buyer - The Role:
- Working with buyer and merchandiser to understand option plan against sales plans, budget and footage.
- Responsibility for managing the critical path of garments for design & production.
- Understands collection calendar & how this drives the critical path.
- Involvement and responsibility of range building with design, buyer and merchandise team to deliver a innovative, balanced & commercial range
- Carrying out regular competitor analysis and presenting findings back to the team in particular with regards to price architecture
- Responsibility for costings and garment price negotiations. Can calculate margin and understands open costings.
- Responsibility for managing supplier meetings and developing relationships
- Increased knowledge of trade business through fairs and trade networking
- Active management of products through reaction to change and constant reviews
- Presentation of ranges, best sellers and range reviews
- Analyses design hit rate, relays feed back to design team & hubs where required
- Is a key motivator ensuring we keep on track to design critical path
- Confident to source new suppliers, aware of global specialisation & skills
- Can formulate design recipes to influence product strategy
- Analyses Season Review & can highlight areas to maximise sales/ reduce weakness.
- Management & motivation of assistant buyer & buyers admin
Junior Buyer / Buyer - The Candidate:
- Fashion related degree is essential
- Experience of the specific product area would be an advantage
- A minimum of 2 years previous product development / buying experience is essential
- DRIVING LICENCE ESSENTIAL
Junior Buyer /Buyer - The Package:
Competitive dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.