Our client is a brand and supplier of ladies fashion and childrenswear. They have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Garment Technologist to provide support to their product team on childrenswear.
Assistant Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Log in all fit samples and PP samples. Checking that all samples have been processed and commented on.
- File all fabric, garment and safety testing.
- Measure samples and have good knowledge of measuring.
- Measure and process gold seal samples for approval.
- Updating business systems on the status of sample after fit and risk assessment meetings
- Setting up initial work books for garments.
- Taking notes/photos in fit and risk assessment meetings.
- Get samples ready for fit meetings, Making sure workbooks and previous comments are present.
- Liaise with overseas manufactures
- Chasing suppliers for samples, strike offs, testing, mock ups, Buying samples/fits.
- General administration duties
Assistant Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- Would consider a Graduate with a relevant technical degree in Fashion and at least 6 months work experience
- Exceptional communication, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Attention to detail
- Education in textiles to degree level
- Understanding of size specifications and grading rules
- Proficient user of Microsoft packages
- Driving License and own transport is essential
Assistant Garment Technologist - The Package:
- Competitive salary
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.