Our client is a design driven, leading supplier of ladies fashion multi product to the UK's leading fashion high st retailers and supermarkets. They are looking for a talented assistant denim and casual wovens designer to join their London based team. This could potentially suit a graduate with a relevant internship.
Assistant Denim and Casuals Designer - The Role:
- Support the team in developing commercial ladies denim and casual clothing ranges to enhance new business opportunities and maintain existing business.
- Working across denim and casualwear for a key leading high st stores and supermarkets.
- Assist in developing detailed tech packs and specifications of all designs that are to be samples.
- Liaising with customers to maintain & develop relationships.
- Carryout relevant trend research, present to senior members of the team.
- International travel may be required for design inspiration/buyers meetings and factory visits.
Assistant Denim and Casuals Designer - The Candidate:
- Relevant design degree and a minimum 6mths relevant design experience - this could be an internship.
- High level of Adobe CAD skills - interest in 3D CAD design would be a distinct advantage but not essential.
- Fully MAC literate including Microsoft Office.
- Must have a good creative, yet commercial eye.
- Good level of confidence in verbal presentation.
- Previous experience designing ladies denim product would be a distinct advantage.
- Must be innovative and able to problem solve, be adaptable as well as work in a fast paced and pressured environment.
- Able to work as part of team as well as showing own initiative.
Assistant Denim and Casuals Designer - The Package:
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.