Our client is a well established importer of babywear and childrenswear, successfully supplying many high street retailers with a full range of product. They have been established over 60 years and provide a comprehensive service ranging from design through to delivery.
They have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Garment Technologist to support their busy Quality Assurance/Technical Team. You will have a A small amount of childrenswear experience would be preferable but not essential. This role may also suit a graduate who has had a technical placement.
Assistant Garment Technologist - The Role:
- Checking Production Samples against specifications for final shipment approval.
- Preparation of samples for all departments in readiness for fit meetings.
- Understanding status reports and updating the critical path system
- Understanding the testing process and customer systems, updating where necessary.
- Ensuring testing is complete and approved by the customer for shipment approval.
- Monitoring factory inspection reports and updating internal reports.
- Due dilligence assessment of production to ensure consistency of standards
- General day to day administration duties.
Assistant Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- A minimum of 1 years experience in a similar role or industry placement within retail or supplier environment.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Clothing Technology with a genuine interest in garment construction.
- A knowledge of pattern cutting and garment manufacture.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Good communication skills, using own initiative and be self driven.
- Organisational skills and be innovative with a proactive approach to problem solving.
Assistant Garment Technologist - The Package:
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.