Our client is the leading UK manufacturer of commercial fabrics for interiors, health, education, transport and retail. They are a global business with offices and clients around the world and have won a number of leading industry awards for their innovative and sustainable production. As a result of their continued success they now have a fantastic opportunity for an Area Business Manager for Germany to join the team. The candidate must be based or be prepared to relocate to Germany with a strong knowledge of the Country.
Area Business Manager - The Role:
- To develop and grow the Transport business in Germany by utilising strategic marketing and promotion of the brand.
- To help build the business to a leading position in Europe.
- To deliver Sales, Gross Selling Margin (GSM) and Net Selling Margin (NSM) budget figures on an annual basis for the region.
- To establish the brand as the leading partner for textile solutions for the transport industry in the region.
- To grow sales volumes and expand the range of products in the collections of existing customers.
- To acquire new business with potential partners in the transport industry.
- To promote products to the public and private transport operators, as well as seat manufacturers, rail companies and bus, coach, rail carriage manufacturers.
- To propose budget figures for the region in terms of Sales, GSM and NSM, As well as direct selling costs such that figures can be agreed and finalised for the forthcoming business year.
- To negotiate and agree contracts and prices-increases with the existing customer base maximising both margins and volumes.
- To seek out opportunities and be a point of contact for potential customers for the brand and thus maximise market development opportunites
- Identify major projects for specification and project monitoring to ensure that the Business are recognised at an early stage of the project and is finally specified.
- Establish strong relationships with the key decision-makers.
- Produce clearly defined project pipelines which will be shared with the European Transport team ensuring delivery.
- Work with the internal Technical & Design departments to create product plans for the future.
- Achieve sales target for Germany as set out in the Business's vision for 2020.
Area Business Manager - The Candidate:
- Educated to University Degree level or equivalent.
- Experience in selling products to all sizes of customers within the mass transport industry, OEM's and vehicle manufacturers. An advantage would be experience in selling textile products and services.
- Proven ability to generate interest in products, brands, vision, mission and values of the business.
- Excellent language skills in German and English are essential.
- A distinct advantage would be experience of the supply chain within the transport industry understanding the correlation between operator, vehicle manufacturer and seat manufacturer.
- Ability to carry out planning, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and administration for the area of responsibility.
- Good knowledge and experience with Mircosoft packages, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- You must be driven and possess the ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Ambitious, who has the potential to progress into senior roles within the business.
- Self-motivated and a self starter, enthusiastic about textiles for the transport industry,
- Have excellent commercial judgement, be passionate, flexible, ability to solve problems and decision making in a timely manner.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships throughout customer's organisations and within the Business.
- Ability to cope under pressure and remain calm.
- Establish trust with the customer base by exhibiting a confident and authoritative manner.
- Show corporate responsibility and ethics.
Area Business Manager - The Package:
- Highly competitive package that reflects the position.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy.