Our client, a leading global supplier, is currently looking to appoint a Senior Fabric Technologist for their operation in Vietnam.
Senior Fabric Technologist - The Role:
- Work closely with sales teams and designers to source & develop fabric: based on the needs of customers and markets
- Research & share the latest fabric trends, material & colours
- Monitor on-time-delivery of suppliers and ensure the quality standard meets with customer requirements
- Monitor suppliers costing and pricing
- Work with various departments to resolve technical issues arising from sales, fitting, merchandising and production and provide fabric technical support to factories
- Source new potential fabric suppliers
- Set up fabric supplier assessment system & fabric supply chain strategy
Senior Fabric Technologist - The Candidate:
- Degree or diploma holder in textile clothing or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years experience in textile / garment industry with at least 4 years at managerial level
- Solid experience & technical know-how in woven fabric, especially denim
- Strong in R&D, fabric sourcing and development
- Sound knowledge in yarn, weaving & dyeing and with up-to-date fabric trends
- Good communication & presentation skills
- Good command of spoken and written English & able to communicate in Mandarin
- Good network in textile industry and with strong sourcing connections
Senior Fabric Technologist - The Package:
- Highly competitive package.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.