Our client is a progressive character license apparel company currently looking to recruit a Senior Designer across Children's footwear. The position could be based in either of their Nottingham or London office.
Senior Designer Children's Footwear - The Role:
- Reporting into the European Design Manager, you will be responsible for the design and development of the European (including UK) children’s footwear collections for licensed character designs.
- Creating seasonal trends, colour palettes and silhouettes.
- Responding to fashion trends and inspiration, interpreting them into commercial products suitable for the high street customer.
- Proactively seek to bring new and innovative ideas to enhance the Footwear business.
- Work with designers and developers in China on the sampling and development of seasonal ranges.
- Work closely with the Sourcing Team and their supply base to understand and develop capability and speed.
Senior Designer Children's Footwear - The Candidate:
- A creative, conscientious experienced footwear designer, with a clear understanding of the children’s market and working with licensed products.
- Experience in designing footwear is essential.
- Highly creative, flexible work style with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Interest in working with kids footwear.
- Full knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Acrobat.
- Work well as a member of the Global Design Team and have a can do attitude.
- Good time-management and organisation skills.
- Innovative style with strong commercial eye.
- Strong team player who is driven to succeed and draws inspiration from working collaboratively with others.
Senior Designer Children's Footwear - The Package:
- Competitive, dependant on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.