Our client has a wealth of experience in ladies fashion apparel and are now beginning a new venture. They are a fashion importer of womenswear and childrenswear to the UK high street. They have an excellent opportunity for a Junior Designer to join their Manchester team, designing womenswear.
Junior Designer - The Role:
- Support the designers in the design and development of womenswear multi product.
- Research, select and develop new trends, working with design team to create mood boards for each season.
- Produce design packs with full technical details including trims/wash/construction.
- Liaise with factories/suppliers to ensure the accurate execution of specifications and 'right first time' samples.
- Manage development of appropriate product and sampling within critical path deadlines.
- Liaise with Technical teams to ensure garments are fit for purpose.
Junior Designer - The Candidate:
- A minimum of 6 months experience or internship.
- CAD/Photoshop/Illustrator skills essential.
- Ideally some level of experience of working with/for the high street and experience in dealing with overseas factories.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, along with proven experience of working to deadlines and prioritising own workload.
- Strong verbal and written communicator.
Junior Designer - The Package:
- Competitive depending on experience.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.